Boats and yachts provide a great opportunity to enjoy the water and engage in fun and exciting water activities. There are many different water games that can be played on boats and yachts, including floating water mats and pontoon slides. In this article, we will explore the best water games for boats and yachts and provide tips for enjoying these activities safely.
Floating Water Mat Games Floating water mats are a popular option for playing games on the water. These mats provide a safe and comfortable surface for walking, lounging, and playing. Here are some of the best games to play on a floating water mat:
- King of the Mat In this game, players try to knock each other off the mat while standing in the middle of the mat. The last person standing on the mat is declared the winner.
- Sharks and Minnows This classic pool game can also be played on a floating water mat. One player is designated as the “shark” and the rest of the players are the “minnows.” The shark tries to tag the minnows, and any minnows that are tagged become sharks.
- Volleyball or Basketball If you have a net and a ball, you can set up a game of volleyball or basketball on your floating water mat. This is a great way to enjoy some friendly competition while also staying cool in the water.
Pontoon Slide Games If you have a pontoon slide on your boat or yacht, there are many fun games that you can play on it. Here are some of the best pontoon slide games:
- Time Trials Set up a time trial to see who can slide down the pontoon slide the fastest. Time each participant and keep track of the times to see who has the best time.
- Best Trick Challenge participants to perform their best trick on the pontoon slide. This could be a spin, a jump, or any other creative move. Judges can award points for style and difficulty.
- Obstacle Course Set up an obstacle course on the boat or yacht that includes the pontoon slide. Participants must slide down the slide and navigate the obstacle course as quickly as possible.
Other Water Games In addition to floating water mat games and pontoon slide games, there are many other water games that can be played on boats and yachts. Here are some of the best options:
- Water Balloon Toss This classic game is always a hit on boats and yachts. Players stand on opposite sides of the boat and toss a water balloon back and forth. The goal is to see how many times you can toss the balloon without it breaking.
- Water Gun Fight Water gun fights are a fun and refreshing way to cool off on a hot day. You can divide into teams or play every person for themselves.
- Boat Scavenger Hunt This game involves hiding items around the boat or yacht and having players search for them. You can make it more challenging by setting a time limit or hiding the items in tricky places.
- Underwater Treasure Hunt If you have snorkeling or diving gear, you can set up an underwater treasure hunt. Hide items like coins or toys in the water and have players search for them.
Safety Tips When playing water games on boats and yachts, safety should always be a top priority. Here are some tips for enjoying these activities safely:
- Wear Life Jackets All players should wear life jackets when engaging in water activities on boats and yachts. This is especially important for children and non-swimmers.
- Follow Boating Regulations Make sure to follow all rules and regulations for boating and water sports in your area. This includes speed limits, no-wake zones, and other safety guidelines.